Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14643 Discussions

i7-12700H Really high Temps

Stibelius
Beginner

Hey all! Just wanted to ask if somebody knows is it normal that when gaming even on low/medium settings i am getting 90-100celsius temps on my CPU? My gaming laptop is lifted up on the back and cleaned from dust. Tried to re-install windows 11 but that didnt help. All drivers are up to date too.  My CPU is i7-12700H and GPU 3070. GPU temps goes 50-75celcius while gaming. I am playing mostly Fortnite and GTA V.  When im just doing other stuff like browsing internet or watching videos, twitch etc. my CPU temps are like 40-60celsius. Also when running 3Dmark timespy test my Average clock frequency is lower than others with same CPU and my CPUTemps are still higher than others with higher avereage clock frequency. Also when gaming im getting micro stuttering/fps drops.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Stibelius, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I want to let you know that the maximum temperature allowed on this CPU is 

100°C. However, Seeing that you are using an i7-12700H , are you using a laptop system? If you do, please let me know of the specific model. You may also send us the SSU logs instead, this way we can be more familiar with your configuration.  I will be waiting for your reply,

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Stibelius
Beginner

Hey! Yeah i am using gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16IAH7H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82RF (82RF00CNMX)

i7-12700h
RTX 3070
16GB DDR5 4800

0 Kudos
Stibelius
Beginner

Hey! Yeah i am using gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16IAH7H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82RF (82RF00CNMX)

i7-12700h
RTX 3070
16GB DDR5 4800

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Stibelius

Thank you for sharing this details. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system.

Nonetheless, Intel® Processors have built-in thermal protection. If the processor gets too hot, the built-in protection slows down (throttling) and eventually shuts down the processor.

We do highly recommend contacting Lenovo to understand the system’s normal operating temperature range and to report unexpected behavior of the system.

You may also visit this article as reference: My Laptop Seems to Be Overheating

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos