Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

i7 13700H max power limit?

ben20009
Beginner

Hi, I am working with an Tuxedo Infinitybook Pro 16 and was wondering why my cpu only takes about 45W. The limit in TCC is 115W for max. 8 seconds, 60W for 28 seconds and 45W with no time limit. Why is my CPU only taking 45W? It's never over 46, even tough it could?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RamyerM_Intel

Hello ben20009, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Seeing that your question about the power limits is related to a laptop, I want to let you know that our support is limited as we are not familiar with the alterations and configurations done by the Original Equipment Manufacturer in your system. Additionally , the OEM also decide the decide the power/current limits. Any throttling happening there would be completely based on how the OEM designs the laptop. You may reach out to them at this link: Tuxedo Support 

As much as I want to answer this for you, it would be best to reach to your Original Equipment Manufacturer as they are the one who decide this for your system. You may also visit this article as reference: What Is Throttling and How Can It Be Resolved?

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos