Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14717 Discussions

i7 13700k + DDR5 - What the max?

Bogodist777
Beginner

Hello. Does anyone have tested the real maximum frequency of ddr5 RAM that can be used by this processor?
Will 7200-7600 run?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bogodist777, 

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

Based on the specification of the i7-13700K, it can only have DDR5 5600 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s.

You may check out this link for the specifications of the i7-13700K:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Bogodist777,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Still, I would like to inform you that, the Intel Core i7-13700K CPU officially supports DDR5 memory speeds up to 5600 MT. While some motherboards may offer support for higher memory speeds and enable them through XMP settings, these are considered overclocking and are not guaranteed by the CPU's specifications.

Regarding the specific frequencies of 7200-7600 MHz, this would be significantly beyond the official support and would depend on the individual components' capabilities, including the motherboard and the RAM itself. It's also important to note that achieving such high frequencies may not be stable on all systems and could require advanced cooling solutions and careful tuning.

For more information, you can check the following articles:

Supported Memory Type for Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors

How to Find Max Memory Size, Max Speed, and Max Bandwidth for Intel® Processors

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bogodist777,

May we know if you have any additional queries or require further explanation? Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Bogodist777, 

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos