Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14653 Discussions

i9 13900k Hardware error has Occurred

Marko007Bond
Novice

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Translation Lookaside Buffer Error
Processor APIC ID: 48

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Hi guys with what is above error associated?

It happened when i tried to launch a game, and from HW - Info i saw that temperature got to 100C, clock speed auto-boosted to 5.8GHZ on few P cores, when the crash happened and i have got this error in event viewer?

So my question is, can this error happen because i hit TJMax ? Right now i downclocked my CPU from bios to 5,1GHZ and i am having no crashes

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Marko007Bond
Novice

Game development post:

It has been noted that players with the Intel i9 13900k/i7 13700k CPU are prone to these crashes. Players have been able to work around this by underclocking the 'Performance Core' speed using Intel XTU, from x55 to x53.

We have identified an issue on some Intel 13th generation CPU’s where upon startup the game will display a message about being out of video memory or the crash reporter will pop up referencing an issue with decompressing a shader. If you experience this problem, you will likely also see it in other DX12 games.

If your CPU is overclocked, try setting it back to the defaults. If you’re not overclocked or that doesn’t work, try installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility:

Try lowering your “Performance Core Ratio” from 55x to 54x.

So yeah, a faulty Chip, that is being faulty for way to many reddit users. I don't know what happened, i never had issues with 10th and 6th Gen i've been using prior to this. 

RMA is not an option for me because i can't be without CPU for a month due to work, so i guess i'll just stick with lower freq. 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Marko007Bond,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We truly appreciate the insights that you have shared with us.

Based on my research, this kind of error happens due to hardware issues.

In my conclusion, it might be that your system needs a BIOS update or a Windows update.

In regards to that, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined on the link below:

I would also like to share with you the following links, as they are related to our issue and can serve as a reference for you:

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Marko007Bond
Novice

Bios is up to date
Windows is up to date

I wouldn't be posting here without checking those options first.  

My question is can this be due to Temperature spiking to 100C to cause this error or crash. If not then CPU is faulty like majority of 13 gen CPU's.

I have downclocked my CPU and i am having no errors since, but that just makes me wasting my money into buying "High 5,5GHZ Turbo Boost CPU". I could've gone with cheaper option if  i knew this is the case with i9 CPU's.

TalonYT
Novice

What power limits and current limits do you have set in your BIOS? 

Which motherboard exactly? 

0 Kudos
Marko007Bond
Novice

During the crash "unlimited, motherboard defaults "
Aorus Z790 Elite Ax is MB

Right now when i downclocked i have also set limit to Intel POV ( 253 W )

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Marko007Bond,

Thank you so much for the response and for looking out for the solution first before contacting us; it's truly appreciated.

By the way, please check your email inbox, as we have sent you a message regarding our concern.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Marko007Bond
Novice

Hi,

I have replied to the email, not sure should i be writing here or there for further troubleshooting.