Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14657 Discussions

i9-13980HX Access memory issue/0xc0000005

Dreamlexa
Beginner

Hi, i have new laptop ROG Strix Scar 18 (2023) G834JY with 13th Gen Intel® Core i9-13980HX Processor 2.2 GHz (36M Cache, up to 5.5 GHz, 24 cores: 8 P-cores and 16 E-cores)

And after half-year exploitation i start to receive access memory errors in some apps and in browsers like: in event viewer 0xc0000005 or STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION/STATUS_BREAKPOINT

I made tests: for RAM, CPU, GPU, DISK - result for all tests were good

I have installed lastest drivers and updates - problem still exist

I have reinstalled OS on clean - problem still exist

but several hours ago i found such issue this Intel® Core™ i9-13900K

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/browser-occasionally-displays-a-status-access-violation-error/td-p/1457802

and i found that problem for it CPU: 10 when i disabled it via Process Lasso applications stop crashing

i may record video if you need

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Dreamlexa, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Kindly please allow us some time to analyze this logs and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Dreamlexa, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

By they way. Kudos to you for testing out your system initially! To identify further errors and be more familiar with your system, kindly please share with us your SSU logs as well. For now, it is best if we can check this for you as well so we can identify why the error message appears. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Dreamlexa
Beginner

done

0 Kudos
vmovups
New Contributor I

Access violation errors are the main symptom of a degraded 13th 14th gen CPU.

The weird thing is that you use a laptop CPU, they're supposed to run with strict power limitations and lower voltage so for it to have degraded and start crashing like desktop versions is definitively odd.

Something you might want to try is seletively disabling HyperThreading for the affected core(from the virtual core ID it seems to be core the 6th core) or reducing its frequency in the laptop motherboards' settings but please try to get RMA, worst that happens is they replace the CPU with another that will degrade again in a few months.

0 Kudos
Dreamlexa
Beginner

without Hyper Threading it's CPU 5

0 Kudos