Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14565 Discussions

i9-14900K temperatures

karimmouti
Beginner

Hello team,

I have recently upgraded to i9-14900K and what I've noticed is that cpu temperatures are significantly higher than they should be. In most games, temperature is anywhere between 60-70C; however, in more cpu demanding apps like (Lockheed Martin P3D V5) which I use mainly with my setup, temperatures go all the way up with minimum temperature of 80 all the way up to 95C. So far Im not getting any app crashes or blue screens and everything is going smooth. My question is: if this is the case where everything is going smooth but the temperature, would the high temperature cause any degradations or damage to the cpu on the long term? Is there any harm if I keep running the cpu like that?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Karimmouti,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We wanted to inform you that the constant high temperature of the processor will cause blue screens, computer crashes, and even damage the processor in the long run.

By the way, to confirm, does the issue happen the first time that you use the i9-14900K? If not, then have you made any changes to the system settings?

Furthermore, is it possible that you can share with us a screenshot of your processor temperature? So we can determine what other recommendations we can provide you.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Karimmouti, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Karimmouti,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Karimmouti,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos