Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14643 Discussions

speed optimizer 2.0 not supported (says its supported until i click it)

noobster
Beginner

i5-13600

latest windows

msi mag edge z690 motherboard

undervolt protection on

EVGA FTW3 3080 12gb

in the system information tab it says "the platform fully supports overclocking"

but once i click on the blue "optimize now" button it turns grey and says 2.0 not supported

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello noobster,

Please be informed that Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is used to overclock, monitor, and stress a system. This application is supported with unlocked processors (K- and X-series) only. You may refer to the link below for the list of supported processors:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

Your Intel® Core™ i5-13600 is a locked processor, hence, Intel® XTU detected this and disabled the Speed Optimizer 2.0 when activated to prevent any unnecessary damage to the CPU.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
noobster
Beginner
Were you able to use Intel Speed Optimizer before? Or is this an out-of-box issue?
Out of the box

Are there any recent changes (hardware/software) made on the system?
Updated everything to the latest

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?
Tried doing everything the forums already say to do like turning off memory integrity.
Made sure under volt protection is on. Updated bios and every driver possible
Checked bios settings to make sure nothing is preventing OC with XTU
Uninstalled XTU and reinstalled latest version.
Tried an older version of XTU
0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

Kindly consider the following steps and if the issue will persist, we will conduct further investigation on your query. Please see below for your reference:

1. Uninstall Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) following the article below
  1. Double check if the current BIOS installed is the latest version. Also, make sure to turn On overclocking settings inside BIOS. If BIOS needs to be updated or you need assistance navigating the BIOS menu, you may reach out to your motherboard manufacturer for further assistance.
  2. Reinstall Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) from the link below

If the issue persists, please download and run this tool, Intel® System Support Utility(link below) so I can help check your system info and assist us with troubleshooting. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan (leave the default items checked), click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide us the .txt file.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
noobster
Beginner

did all 3 steps so here is the scan

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

Thank you for the response. It appears that all parameters are set on your system, however the Intel Speed Optimizer is still unusable. At this rate, please be informed I will have your case raised for further investigation to find the source of the issue. Please allow me to revert to you until the end of the week Friday, February 9 2024 for an update. Kindly bear with us while we work on this for you. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding on this one.

Kind regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

I hope you are doing well. We received feedback regarding the Intel® Speed Optimizer 2.0 via Intel® XTU showing it is not available even if you are using a supported CPU. We have modified the Extensible Markup Language (XML) file to address this issue. For changes to apply, please uninstall the Intel® XTU following the article below:

How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

After uninstallation, reinstall Intel® XTU using the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

We would like to resolve your concern the soonest so that we can move forward to our next step. Please consider the suggested steps above and let us know the results as soon as you are able.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
noobster
Beginner

still doesnt work but im not sure if this is a generic pop up for everyone but this implied that I have a program that interferes with OC? If so id like to know which one so i can unistall asap

0 Kudos
TurboTapin
Beginner

I just upgraded XTU to the latest 7.14.0.15 and I'm having the same issue with my 13600KF. This worked fine prior. 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello TurboTapin,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case so that we can appropriately support you as well, as there will be differences between your device and Noobster.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Noobster,

We are sorry to hear that the prior recommendations did not resolve our problem. We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available. 

By the way, we took note of the information you provided, and we will use it for further investigation.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi @noobster,

I hope you are doing well. We would like request more information for us to identify the root cause as we are able to test the Intel XTU and the Intel Speed Optimizer 2.0 with our i5-13600K and we are able to see the fix. Please be informed that the pop up message/disclaimer that you encountered may occur if Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology (Intel® DTT) is installed, which can alter some OC settings, such as power and current limits. If you do not have DTT, we need the verbose XtuCore log file to examine the issue.

Here are the steps:

1. Open Registry Editor 
  2. Find HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software
  3. Create a new Key named “Intel” under that node (if it doesn’t already exist)
  4. Create a new Key named “XTU” under the “Intel” node (if it doesn’t already exist)
  5. Create a new DWORD value under the “XTU” node called “LoggingLevel” with value 4
  6. Restart the XTU Service, or restart the computer. 
  7. Start XTU and reproduce issue
  8. Share new XtuCore logs available in C:\ProgramDate\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\Logs

Also, kindly include a screenshot of the of the Intel Speed Optimizer 2.0 as well.

Best Regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
noobster
Beginner

Still doesnt work As you can see temps still spike even though the CPU is not even overclocked and nothing is open to make it spike like that. At this point im ready for another one

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

Thank you for the prompt response. Let me share this information with the team and raise it with our engineers for further investigation. Kindly bear with us on working a solution for you. I will post any update on this thread as soon as we receive feedback on what we will be the recommendation moving forward. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

I hope you are doing well. We have simulated and confirmed that uninstalling and reinstalling the latest update/version of Intel XTU fixed the issue. There might be some kind of residue inside the apps directory that is causing the Intel Speed Optimizer to be greyed out. To apply the fix, let me share some of the steps to consider. 

1. It seems on the submitted XTU logs detected that the 6th core is disabled or XTU can only read 5 active cores. Please access BIOS and enable ALL cores. If you require further assistance accessing your BIOS you may coordinate with your motherboard manufacturer (MSI).
  2. If all cores are enabled, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Intel XTU again.
  3. Check C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\ and delete the update.xml. Reboot the system after deletion

Let us know the results as soon as you are able so that we move to our next steps. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hi noobster,

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not heard any feedback regarding our previous post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
Fanmanduo
Beginner

遇到了相同的问题,我应该提供哪些文件来获取进一步的帮助?
这是我的系统相关信息:
CPU:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600KF 3.50 GHz
主板: MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4 (MS-7D31)

0 Kudos