Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20754 Discussions

About Max10 power connection

Yamada1
Beginner

I was planning to use 10M02SCE144I7G and proceeded with reference to the Pin Connection Guidelines.

was also using the circuit diagram of "EK-10M08E144" as a reference, but I noticed some differences with the guidelines.

It would be helpful if you could teach me the following points.

1) According to the guidelines, the regulators for VCC_ONE and VCCIO are separate in any single supply configuration example. On the other hand, in the circuit diagram of "EK-10M08E144", although a 0.1Ω resistor is included, VCC_ONE and VCCIO are supplied from the same regulator. Is there any problem with the connection?

2) In the guidelines, "Share" is written in the Regulator Sharing column of VCC_ONE and VCCIO. There is no specific explanation, but is it okay to assume that VCC_ONE and VCCIO can be supplied from the same regulator as long as the voltage used is the same?

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lixy
Employee

Hi,

According to the Max 10 Power Management User Guide, Chapter 2.1.3,

"For Intel® MAX® 10 single-supply devices, only one power supply is required—3.0 V or 3.3 V to power the core of the FPGA. The same power supply can be used to power the I/O if the same 3.0 V or 3.3 V voltage is required. "

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683400/18-0/comparison-of-the-power-supply-device.html

So it is correct that "VCC_ONE and VCCIO can be supplied from the same regulator as long as the voltage used is the same".

Best Regards,

XY

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lixy
Employee

Hi,

According to the Max 10 Power Management User Guide, Chapter 2.1.3,

"For Intel® MAX® 10 single-supply devices, only one power supply is required—3.0 V or 3.3 V to power the core of the FPGA. The same power supply can be used to power the I/O if the same 3.0 V or 3.3 V voltage is required. "

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683400/18-0/comparison-of-the-power-supply-device.html

So it is correct that "VCC_ONE and VCCIO can be supplied from the same regulator as long as the voltage used is the same".

Best Regards,

XY

0 Kudos
Yamada1
Beginner

Thank you for answering.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos