CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20719 Discussions

Alt for EP1K50TI144-2N

Firaseng
Novice

Hi All,

I need an alternative FPGA for the 

EP1K50TI144-2N

That does not require major changes to the firmware code ,which family would easier to migrate to the obsolete 

EPF10K10AQI208-3 

or the MAX 10?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Nope, you are stuck with the EP1K50 series if all you have is a .pof file. Any temp grade, any speed grade will suffice.

You need the source code to migrate to any other device (or even a different size of the EP1K series) to do a recompile.

So unless you can come up with the source code you are going to be stuck sourcing EP1K50's from brokers.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
givememessage
New Contributor I

EP1K50TI144-2N and
EPF10K10AQI208-3 is still in stock
Email:jack@aceicc.com

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Surely you'll go for MAX 10, only problem could be missing 5V tolerance of MAX 10 inputs.

EPF10K is by the way a 5V device and can't replace 3.3 V ACEX 1 series.
0 Kudos
Firaseng
Novice

Hi FvM,

While my FPGA on the board  is using 2.5 and 3.3 v ,I am able to source both 5 and 3.3 V for the inputs, if need be ,they are available on the PCB,my concern is which of the 2 will require less code changes and schematic capture and layout rerouting.

0 Kudos
givememessage
New Contributor I

Since EP1K50TI144-2N is in stock, why does it need to be modified? Replacing it is a very painful thing

0 Kudos
Firaseng
Novice

Hi,

I am actually trying to avoid replacing the chip but its obsolete and can only be purchased from brokers.

0 Kudos
Firaseng
Novice

Microchip offers a very similar FPGA but it would probably still be a good bit of work.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we highly recommend you use the latest device such as MAX10 or Cyclone 10 because if you are using old devices, the technical support for the device is really limited.

Hope that helps and do let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Firaseng
Novice

Hello,

I only have the .pof code for my EP1K50TI144-2N,no source code,would I be able to go to a MAX10 without much issues?

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Nope, you are stuck with the EP1K50 series if all you have is a .pof file. Any temp grade, any speed grade will suffice.

You need the source code to migrate to any other device (or even a different size of the EP1K series) to do a recompile.

So unless you can come up with the source code you are going to be stuck sourcing EP1K50's from brokers.

Firaseng
Novice

Hello again,

Is that also the case for the 

EPM7064STI100-7 CPLD?

0 Kudos
givememessage
New Contributor I

As long as you can buy it, it's not a problem. The work of modifying the code is troublesome, and replacing the chip may not work.