Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Altera Licenses - need to change license server name and MAC address

MartH
Beginner

I have some licenses for legacy Altera products. I need to change the license server name and MAC address for the license file to move them to a different FlexLM server.

Please advise how I can do this.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Software and IP licenses can be transferred to a different PC/server by going to the Create New License section on the Self-Service Licensing Center by license admin only.

https://licensing.intel.com/ (Licensing Center Home) 

Rehosting step,

Step 1: Click the Self-Service Licensing Center link

Step 2: Select Computers and License Files tab

Step 3: Select the Host ID to change by clicking the pencil icon in the Update Computer

column.

Step 4: Change the Host ID or any field value displayed on the screen. However, a change of

Host ID will only be considered as re-host.

Step 5: Click Submit button

Feel free to read the user guides with steps.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/education/demonstrations/online/licensing/fpga-self-service-licensing-center-user-guide.pdf

MartH
Beginner

Hiya,

I have tried this portal but the Computers and License Files view is blank.    Do I need to be added to my organisations licenses or something else?

With thanks,

Mart.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To further check could you provide the details

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

If there is a Change in email

Old email:

New email:

Re-host/change server details

OLD and NEW NICID(Mac Add) :

Also provide the license.dat file

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
MartH
Beginner

Hiya,

Can you please Private Message me so that I can send the information you require.

With thanks,

Mart.

0 Kudos
MartH
Beginner

Yes sure I can supply this information, but not on a -public- forum.  Can you please provide details for a private message or via email.

With thanks.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message. Hope you received it. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
MartH
Beginner

I have PM'd my license details, I am just waiting for a response with a new license.

0 Kudos