Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20711 Discussions

Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Board

BigSid
Beginner

I'm using Quartus Prime Standard 23.1 to generate a design to load into an Arria 10 GX FPGA Development board. In Quartus, from Assignment -> Device  and the Board tab I've selected the Arria 10FPGA Development Kit and its 10AX115S2F45I2SGES device. I'm then able to work on the design with that device selected with no issues.

However, after closing the project and reopening it I get this message:

BigSid_0-1713281500402.png

Quartus then switches the device to 10AX115R4F40I3SG and prompts me to launch the IP Upgrade Tool to upgrade clocks and counters to be compatible with the new device. I'm able to go back to Assignment -> Device and reselect the development kit and its 10AX115S2F45I2SGES device but the error message keeps appearing each time I need to close and reopen the project.

Is Quartus Prime Standard 23.1 compatible with the Arria 10 GX FPGA Development board? If so, why does this error message and automatic device change occur upon reopening the project?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

Hi there, you may check if your license file is available. What kind of license you are using, fixed or floating?

0 Kudos
BigSid
Beginner

Hello. The license file is available and is fixed. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks.

0 Kudos