Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20795 Discussions

Arria10 spread spectrum clocking

sl242
Novice

Hi,

I need to implement spread spectrum in a PLL. I found this option in the ALTPLL IP, which is no longer available for Arria10. Is there something similar?

I need a clock in the range of ~20-40MHz. If I implement this function manually via the PLL reconfiguration by changing the C counter, I get glitches on the clock output. Does anyone have an idea how to implement this?

Best Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sl242
Novice

I was able to solve the problem. I connected the output clock of the PLL with the reconfig_clk0. This enables a glitch-free change of the C-counter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sl242
Novice

I was able to solve the problem. I connected the output clock of the PLL with the reconfig_clk0. This enables a glitch-free change of the C-counter.

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 4 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos