Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20777 Discussions

Cyclone II FPGA - When will Intel start accepting orders again?

tvann5752
Beginner

Dear Intel,

What is the status for the Cyclone II FPGA?  Intel has not been accepting any orders for a couple years without any explanation which is highly unusual.  I was told at the end of December 2022 that the Distributors were now accepting orders again but that is not the case.  I would appreciate an update on the situation so we can plan for future production and development.

Best regards,

Tom Vann

President

Visi-Trak

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For more information you can directly contact your local distributor by accessing the link below.

Link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
eng1
Novice

Cyclone II was introduced in 2004.  It was tagged "not recommended for new designs", but still active last time I looked. 

I don't think you will ever get this part from Intel again.  If they can't make current parts like Cyclone 10 available, I can't imagine they would be working on building Cyclone II.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos