Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20777 Discussions

DK-SI-AGI027FA directphy_f not locking

bluncan
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to bring-up a JESD204B project on a dk-si-agi027fa board but I'm facing some issues regarding the transceivers PLL. I am using FGT clocking, the input frequency of the IP (directphy_f) is set to 200 MHz but no matter the output frequency the tx_pll_locked or rx_is_lockedtodata signals are stuck at '0'. I'm feeding the clock through the J19 SMA port on the devboard and I've set the MUX_SEL0 signal to '1'.  There are no weird warnings during the compilation or implementation. 

Do I need to do something from software in order for the PLL to lock or what might cause this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Bogdan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi bluncan,

Thank you for reaching out.

Apologize for the delayed response as we encounter some technical difficulty.

Just to let you know that Intel has received your support request and currently we are confirming the details with our internal team.

I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

ZH_Intel

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For starter, can you try to change the MUX_SEL0 = '0' and configure the directphy clock frequency to the 100 MHz coming from U22 on board. Another check will be to verify the refclock input configured in the SYSPLL IP. It should be refclock 0.

Regards

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi bluncan,

Good day.

Thank you Ash_R_Intel for the input.

Have you tried Ash_R_Intel's suggestion?

Do you still have further inquiries on this issue?

If there is no further inquiries, I will transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you. 

Best Regards,

ZH_Intel

0 Kudos
bluncan
Beginner

Hi,

I was able to make it work. The issue was our AD9081 board, I swapped it with a new one and the same design worked.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi bluncan,

Good day.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m glad to hear that your problem is solved. With that, I now transition this thread to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you. 

Best Regards,

ZH_Intel

0 Kudos