Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20780 Discussions

F series vs D series for Cameras

UMall1
New Contributor I

I am considering switching to the F or the D series for my next camera build. Which series is better for a camera? I am looking for something that will rival the Zynq MPSoC EV from Xilinx. I would like something that has video centric features and will be in production for a decade. When will the two series be available at the distributors in chip form (they are already available in eval board format).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WZ2
Employee

Sorry for the delay due to public holidays. I will solve your issue ASAP~

Thanks for your understanding~

Best regards,

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

For more specific, what interface u will used for your camera~

0 Kudos
UMall1
New Contributor I

The Sensor to FPGA interface is MIPI. FPGA to Host Computer Interface is USB3 or (10Ge - 40Ge). I want a Chipset that will be supported for the next 10 years. This camera will be for a computer vision application. Therefore, a system that is optimized for CV implementation is highly desirable. I am looking for low-cost solutions to H.264/265 engines as well.

Have you ever implemented a FPGA (SOC) + GPU solution?

0 Kudos
UMall1
New Contributor I

The Sensor to FPGA interface is MIPI. FPGA to Host Computer Interface is USB3 or (10Ge - 40Ge). I want a Chipset that will be supported for the next 10 years. This camera will be for a computer vision application. Therefore, a system that is optimized for CV implementation is highly desirable. I am looking for low-cost solutions to H.264/265 engines as well.

Have you ever implemented a FPGA (SOC) + GPU solution?

0 Kudos