Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20803 Discussions

FPGA Solutions Featuring High-Efficiency Video Compression?

Kris
Novice

Hello,

I was browsing the Intel FPGA site and came across the 'High-Efficiency Video Compression' featured in the Intelligent Vision and Video webpage. I'd like to know more information about the utilization of low-cost FPGAs for compression standards such as H.264/H.265. Is there somewhere I can learn more about this?

I am aware of the Vision and Video Processing Suite tools and also that there exists 3rd-party blackbox IP specifically the H.264/H.265 algorithms. I am wondering where I can learn more about the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of using an Intel FPGA for compression solutions.

Sincerely,

Kris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Kris Bayle,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to let you know that Intel has received your support request and currently we are confirming the details with our internal team.

Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

Kris
Novice

Thank you so much for your response; I excitedly await yours/Intel's reply. 

Kris

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Kris Bayle,

Thank you for your patience.

At the moment, Intel do not have any compression IP which is handling compression standards H.264/H.265.

However we do have a 3rd Party vendor who is handling this compression standards such as CAST, and soctechnologies.

You may reach out to them directly for the solution.

Link: Cast H264-D-BP IP

Link: SOCtechnologies H.264 HD Video Encoder IP Core 

As for VVP, you can refer to the VVP landing page, all the details (IP User Guide, features, specification and etc.) can be found in link below:

Intel Video and Vision Processing Suite landing page

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Kris Bayle,

Good day.

I wish to follow up with you on this case. We have not heard feedback from you for quite some time.

Do you still have further inquiries on this case?

If there is not further inquiries, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Kris Bayle,

Good day.

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided.

Since there is no further inquiries, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos