Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20766 Discussions

Fitting Internal Error caused by SignalTap nodes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, whenever I try to tap any prefit or postfit i2c SDA/SCL lines I get the following error: 

internal error: sub-system: fcuda, file: /quartus/fitter/fcuda/fcuda_register_packer_op_interface.cpp, line: 336 

cuda io pad should only drive ibufs 

stack trace: 

end-trace 

quartus ii version 7.2 build 151 09/26/2007 sj web edition 

The fitter then fails. 

I really need to check these lines as I can not get the i2c signals to a daughterboard to work. Has anyone else come across this error?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try turning off incremental compilation. You won't get the incremental compilation compile time benefit for recompiles after changing SignalTap settings, but turning off incremental compilation might at least get around the internal error. 

With a later version of Quartus you will probably at least get a normal error message instead of an internal error. I don't expect a newer version to prevent the error entirely, but it might if your situation is different from the one I know about. In any case, a newer version of Quartus might have other benefits for you. You can install a second copy of Quartus (a second copy of the QII 7.2 base version onto which you can add a 7.2 service pack or a regular QII 8.0 install) so that you don't lose access to your QII 7.2 with no service pack.
0 Kudos