Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

Get available memory in an FPGA part using Tcl

hbl
Beginner

How can I get the available memory (RAM, ROM, etc.) in an FPGA part using Tcl? report_part_info and get_part_info do not show this info.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

When you mention available, do you mean a blank project or project with design included?

0 Kudos
hbl
Beginner

What I am looking for is the total memory bits in a part, similar to what is reported when selecting a device in the Quartus gui (Assignmens -> Device...).  I am not looking for resources usage, etc. tied to a specific project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

what you can try is use command line to pull out a list of command line available.

quartus_sh --qhelp

If you cannot find the available tcl command there, which means it is not supported yet. We can help to request this feature for you, but you will need to let us know the motivation/reason on this needs.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't know that such a command exists locally in Quartus, but you could probably script something that would look up the part number on the internet to get this info if this is your goal.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Hi,

Not sure if you have further question on this? If no, we shall close this forum thread.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Kenny Tan

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We (Intel) have “signed-off” from the post as we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. You can “Bring It Back To Our Attention” by logging in here ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’ and reply within the next 15 days for further support. 

0 Kudos