Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

How to combine two different quartus projects?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody! 

I have 2 different quartus projects, one is for Nand flash controller and the other is for USB interface. 

I have to combine both of these so that I can use the USB interface to read data from and write data to the Nand flash. 

How should I do this. I am using quartus 10.1 and I have included components in both the projects using SOPC builder. 

Thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe you cannot directly merge two Quartus projects. You might need to create a new project, then port over the IPs or instances required into the new project. You should consider if the size of FPGA as well.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I believe you cannot directly merge two Quartus projects. You might need to create a new project, then port over the IPs or instances required into the new project. You should consider if the size of FPGA as well. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey! Thank you bfkstimchan. 

If I create a new project, how should I combine the components which I have created separately for nand and usb interface? 

If I'm not creating a new project and wish to import files, then, 

Can I add the files of Nand project into the USB project using "add or remove files" option in project navigator? 

Else, can I write a top level and call both USB and the Nand flash files as components(port mapping)? 

These are just various ideas I have, I'm not sure it might work or not. Just asking your opinion. 

Any advice is welcome.. 

Also, what if I make the Nand Controller project as a custom component in SOPC and then add it into the usb's sopc?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you're probably better off starting a new project that includes all the files you need. 

You'll need some form of top level linking them together - if they have the same interface spec then you can probably just connect them to each other, otherwise you'll need something (either code or QSys project) to connect them together.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey! I imported nand flash files to usb project using the "add or remove files" option in project navigator. I wrote a top level where I instantiated both nand and usb components. 

It's working fine. Thank you very much to both of you for your time and advice...
0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are welcome.

0 Kudos