Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19328 Discussions

How to combine two different quartus projects?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody! 

I have 2 different quartus projects, one is for Nand flash controller and the other is for USB interface. 

I have to combine both of these so that I can use the USB interface to read data from and write data to the Nand flash. 

How should I do this. I am using quartus 10.1 and I have included components in both the projects using SOPC builder. 

Thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe you cannot directly merge two Quartus projects. You might need to create a new project, then port over the IPs or instances required into the new project. You should consider if the size of FPGA as well.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I believe you cannot directly merge two Quartus projects. You might need to create a new project, then port over the IPs or instances required into the new project. You should consider if the size of FPGA as well. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey! Thank you bfkstimchan. 

If I create a new project, how should I combine the components which I have created separately for nand and usb interface? 

If I'm not creating a new project and wish to import files, then, 

Can I add the files of Nand project into the USB project using "add or remove files" option in project navigator? 

Else, can I write a top level and call both USB and the Nand flash files as components(port mapping)? 

These are just various ideas I have, I'm not sure it might work or not. Just asking your opinion. 

Any advice is welcome.. 

Also, what if I make the Nand Controller project as a custom component in SOPC and then add it into the usb's sopc?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you're probably better off starting a new project that includes all the files you need. 

You'll need some form of top level linking them together - if they have the same interface spec then you can probably just connect them to each other, otherwise you'll need something (either code or QSys project) to connect them together.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey! I imported nand flash files to usb project using the "add or remove files" option in project navigator. I wrote a top level where I instantiated both nand and usb components. 

It's working fine. Thank you very much to both of you for your time and advice...
JET60200
New Contributor I
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are welcome.