Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20782 Discussions

I2C 1Mhz timing in cyclone 4 device

meitalr
Employee

Hi,

I would like to understand if Cyclone 4 PN: EP4CE75F29C6N can support I2C interface with up to 1Mhz?

if not, can you recommend Other Cyclone device that supprt this rate?

Thanks,

Meital

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
I suppose, any Intel programmable logic device can.
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I think the device is capable of supporting the I2C interface with up to 1 MHz. It has sufficient resources, such as programmable logic elements (LEs) and I/O pins, to implement an I2C interface with a clock frequency of 1 MHz.

In Quartus Prime, you can use the Timing Analyzer tool to analyze the timing of your design and check if the timing requirements of the I2C interface are being met. The Timing Analyzer takes into account the design constraints and provides detailed information about the setup and hold violations, slack, and other timing metrics. By analyzing the timing reports, you can determine if the I2C interface can operate reliably at the desired frequency.

If you are looking for other Cyclone devices that support the same I2C rate, you can consider other members of the Cyclone IV FPGA family or even explore newer FPGA families such as Cyclone V or Cyclone 10. 

You can refer to the respective device datasheets and documentation provided by Intel FPGA to get more detailed information about each FPGA family and choose the one that best fits your needs.

Reference link for Cyclone families: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/cyclone.html

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. we are now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos