Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20766 Discussions

Im having trouble finding any Cyclone III 3c25 starter kit software files or even factory resets

Victor10
Novice

As title says, after trying to find them for a few hours, i seem unable to find any, and my kit never came with CD, instead they provided some weblinks as an alternative, which are obviously no longer working. So im wondering if anyone has any idea where i can find one, or if ive just simply missed them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III
10 Replies
SyafieqS
Employee

Are you looking for Quartus am I correct? What version are you looking for?

0 Kudos
Victor10
Novice

I believe i have a found a compatible version Quartus, 13.1, but im still looking for all the other files. I think the main software ones i found (quartus and modelsim, not 100% sure on nios II tho), but im pretty sure i have not found the board specific ones, such as the factory reset and examples (as per screen shot below, with the factory reset being especially important to me).

In general yes, I am looking for the main software such as quartus too, but i believe i probably found that one prior to writing the first post. Its the other files such as the examples and demos and especially the factory reset files. Virtually all of it i think should exist in the DVD that sometimes came with the board, but not all distributors induced it (such as mine) and as the user manual points out, they often only provided the website link, with the option of asking for one though another link, as quoted below. An iso of it would probably be ideal, but if i have to hunt them down piecemeal thats fine too, assuming i can find compatible versions.

That said, i don't feel skilled enough to figure everything out without some sane default at minimum, so those are the most crucial thing i seem to need atm, until at least i can confirm weather ot not the other bits i found are infact complete/compatible, but im personally having a bit of a hard time doing it, without the defaults to test things. Thank you.

(all 3 scs are from the user manual, the updated version i found, but the one the board came with the same, only even more outdated)

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Hi Victor,

That was outdated documents and I think some of them might not available.

But I have few links that might be helpful to you.

1. Quartus and tool related to FPGA

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-tools/quartus-prime/resource.html

2. Design Example

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-examples/design-store.html?acds_version=any

3. Quartus related documents

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/user-guides.html

We can have a quick call on this if you are still looking for resources

Victor10
Novice

Thank you for the links, but they aren't quite what im looking for:

1. For example Quartus Prime does not support the board, version 13.1 is the last version that did. (tho i believe i have found a link for that version, and is likely part of what i am looking for, even prior to making this post)

2. While the example files is something im looking for, in general, and i still think some will be useful even across boards,  i am explicitly looking for the archived ones (and the reason for making the post), i.e. the ones compatible with my board, and compatible with the quartus version i will likely have to use due to compatibility reasons.

3. This seems useful even if it will be across versions. Thank you.

By enlarge i do not think i have found the factory rest files and examples, i feel i would need, though the links provided thus far; I will still try to look else where, and am hoping someone may still know where i could get them or have a copy lying around.

As for the documents being outdated, yes, in some sense they are, but they are also the latest versions available, at least what i was able to find on the intel site.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Hi Victor,

I am checking internally if the archive is still available.

Otherwise you have to move forward with what is available.

Sadly this might be due to very old device that cause the archive of the resource.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Victor,

I am sorry as I am not able to find it. Let me know if there is any other thing I can help to ease your issue.

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Victor10
Novice

Thank you so much, this is perfet.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Glad that resolve your issue. Let me know if there is any other concern.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey