Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20712 Discussions

Is it possible to load an image into flash via (JIC) and still be able to use Signal Tap?

Jcole
New Contributor I

Hi I'm trying to load up the flash connected to my FPGA with an image via Quartus possibly using a (JIC), and use Signal Tap to check some signal behaviour.  I setup signal tap and compile the design as normal, then use the generated .SOF file to generate a .JIC file.  I then program the device with the .JIC file but get "Program the Device to continue" when trying to use Signal Tap. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III

If .jic image has been compiled with Signaltap, the tool will recognize the image. To be sure, you can ignore the message and start acquisition. You either succeed or get an "incompatible image" message. In the latter case, you didn't manage to put the right image into .jic.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

If .jic image has been compiled with Signaltap, the tool will recognize the image. To be sure, you can ignore the message and start acquisition. You either succeed or get an "incompatible image" message. In the latter case, you didn't manage to put the right image into .jic.

0 Kudos
Jcole
New Contributor I

Would an actual Signal Tap core be better suited for this or is using just the .stp file the preferred method. 

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

I prefer .stp

0 Kudos
Jcole
New Contributor I

I figured out the issues, needed to power cycle the board before it would recognise the new build loaded in the Signal Tap would be able to see the STP instance.  

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos