Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

MAX10 ADC DC characteristics

FrankK
New Contributor I

Hello, 

what is the maximum non-destructive voltage level, which can be tolerated for limited period of time by MAX10 ADC input channel, provided VCCA and VCCIO1A are 3.3V for single supply device?

ADC user guide (UG-M10ADC) says "In single supply MAX 10 devices, it can measure up to 3.0 V or 3.3 V, depending on your power supply voltage."

Data sheets specifies maximum input voltage to Vref.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

Thank you for reaching out Intel FPGA Community.

How about your ADC Supply Voltage (VCC_ONE)?

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
FrankK
New Contributor I

Dear Aqid,

sorry for my late answer. I missed your reply.

VCC_ONE is also powered by 3.3V domain (same as VCCA).

Best regards
Frank

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

According to datasheet, as you mentioned, the analog input voltage can go up to Vref, while Vref can go up to VCC_ONE as the maximum value.

Since your VCC_ONE is 3.3V, the maximum analog input voltage would be 3.3V. It is similar with the statement you found in the ADC user guide.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
FrankK
New Contributor I

Hello Aqid,

In order to exclude any misconceptions: Let me rephrase my question.

With respect to below voltage conditions, would an ADC input voltage of up to 3.3V (Vadc_in > Vref & Vadc_in <= VCC_ONE) cause any damage or impact device reliability or life time?

Vref = 3.0V
VCC_ONE = 3.3V
VCCAx = 3.3V
VCCIO1A = 3.3V

Best regards
Frank

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

For a better situation, I would suggest you increase the Vref to 3.3V or else, keep the Vin not exceed 3.0V (follows the value of Vref as per datasheet) as I do not have the confidence it will not have any impact for the device in a certain period of time.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos