Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20792 Discussions

MAX10 - I/O Specification

FrankK
New Contributor I

What is the MAX10 I/O specification for below definition?

I/O standardVoL maxVoH minIoLIoH
3.3V LVTTL??8mA-8mA

MAX10 datasheet provides VoL, VoH only up to 4mA. Port pin output voltage levels for 8mA are not listed in table 20.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
There's no 8 mA spec for LVTTL33 because 8 mA drive strength can't be selected for 3.3V. You can however refer to IBIS files that give full output I/V characteristic.
0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
My fault, 8 mA can be selected. The problem probably is that standard Vol/Voh values aren't strictly met at 8 mA.
0 Kudos
cfkd
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Since the 3.3V LVTTL buffer used in silicon is the same, the min./max. guard band should be the same for 4mA and 8mA. Kindly reference the table 20's Vol and Voh values for 8mA as well.

Best regards,

Chee

0 Kudos
cfkd
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Best regards,

Chee

0 Kudos
FrankK
New Contributor I

Dear Chee,

thanks for your reply.

"Since the 3.3V LVTTL buffer used in silicon is the same, the min./max. guard band should be the same for 4mA and 8mA."

Is "Should" proven by device characterization? If same electrical performance for LVTTL buffer at 4 and 8mA is given, why it is not documented by datasheet?

"Kindly reference the table 20's Vol and Voh values for 8mA as well."

I've reviewed all relevant tables of latest device datasheet (683794 | 2022.10.31), but couldn't find any specification for output voltage levels at load condition of 8mA with regards to LVTTL. 

Best regards
Frank

0 Kudos
cfkd
Employee

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your questions.

Kindly refer to IBIS model and check V-I curve to obtain the voltage values with 8mA.

Best regards,

Chee

0 Kudos
cfkd
Employee

Hi Frank,

If you have Hyperlynx software, you can view the V-I graphical curve.

Best regards,

Chee

0 Kudos
cfkd
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Best regards,

Chee

0 Kudos