Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

MAX10 Programming .pof is not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a problem with internal flash programing on my custom board with MAX10 10M25SAE144I7G. 

In the Configuration options I use Internal Flash, Single Uncompressed Image (1920Kbits UFM). 

In Power On Reset Scheme Instant ON is selected. The CONFIG_SEL pin is disabled. The pins nCONFIG, CONF_DONE, nSTATUS are disabled - I use it as regular IO. 

When I program with *.sof file everything is working but when i program using .pof nothing happen. 

Could Help me what could be the reason of such issue?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Isn't the difference between .sof and .pof that one is serial and the other for programming devices (i.e. through an external programmer)? Could be wrong but would just RTM.. 

Hope this helps (somewhat) 

-Mux
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Banan, 

I have been experiencing a similar issue when programming a MAX10 10M02SCE144C8G device. My configuration is the same as what you mention:  

- Program with .sof the device starts and runs correctly instantly.  

- Program with .pof and the device can take almost a minute of more to start. sometimes not even starting. 

Did you ever find a solution. 

Regards, 

Sean
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We have found a workaround. It was hardware issue. One of these pins was connected to the external button with hold up. I don't remember which pin it was, i can check in the next week. When We tested our hardware without external button everything was working. The default state on this pin was High. When we added external button it was working randomly because when the button was upholded it forced Low state on the pin and caused power up problem. In the next our hardware revision we try no to use config pins as IO.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I managed to resolve the issue by adding a 10K pull-up (to 3.3V) to the CONF_DONE pin.

0 Kudos