Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

MAX10 user mode after undervoltage event

FrankK
New Contributor I

According to „Power Management User Guide“ for MAX10 family, an internal Power On Reset monitor takes care, to keep the device into RESET state until power supply has reached recommended operating range.

Assuming following scenario: Power supply drops during user mode operation to a random voltage level between 0V and POR trip level and recovers from that residual value back to nominal level after an undefined time duration.

Question: Would MAX10 restore full user mode functionality after power supply has settled at nominal level again? If not, can user mode be properly re-enabled by assertion of nCONFIG input pin after such a brownout event?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Power management user guide states that configuration may fail if power supply ramp times are not met. 

I expect that asserting nConfig after establishing regular supply voltage levels would help in this situation.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

For MAX 10, reconfiguration is not usually required. However, if your design does not functional correctly, then you may choose to do reconfiguration by pulling the nCONFIG pin low.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As the query has been answered, I am setting the case to closure. However, it will still be open for the community members to comment on.

Regards

0 Kudos