Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20777 Discussions

Quartus Programmer not recognising the DE-10 Nano.

r-hackett
Beginner

On Windows 10, after disabling driver signature enforcement, I've (at least partially) installed the USB Blaster drivers, that is "Altera USB-Blaster Device Driver", "Altera (WinUSB) JTAG cables", and "Altera Corporation (APU_USB) USB". However, "oemsetup.inf" failed to install. I can't find any of these under device manager and Quartus does not recognise the DE-10 Nano under Tools -> Programmer -> Hardware Setup.

I can login to Linux over the USB serial port, and once Linux is booted, I can access the website served by the board over RNDIS and I can access the files stored on the SD card on Windows.

I haven't used this board in a long time, but I have successfully configured the FPGA with the Quartus Programmer before. I haven't tried other ways of configuring the FPGA yet.

I can't help but think that "oemsetup.inf" failing to install is the cause, but I have no idea what I can try next.

Update: As described in this answer, I followed the instructions here. Unfortunately it fails with the message "Windows could not find drivers for your device". Also, I tried installing the drivers by going to device manager, right clicking "Unknown device" then "Update Drivers" -> "Browse for drivers on your computer" -> "Let me pick from a list..." -> "Show all devices" -> "Altera" -> "Altera USB-Blaster II (JTAG interface)". It says the driver was successfull installed, but I can't see it listed in device manager and Quartus is still not recognising the board. I also tried "Altera USB-Blaster" in the same fashion.

Update 2: I tried adding the drivers manually in device manager by going to "Action" -> "Add legacy hardware" -> "Install the hardware manually" -> "Show all devices" -> "Altera" -> "USB Blaster II (JTAG interface)". It installs successfully and shows up in device manager under "JTAG cables", but it is not functioning due to error code 10, "The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device".

So that looks like progress, but i'm at a loss as to why the driver won't start.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mabdrahi
Employee

We try to give you best our best support.

Stay tune

0 Kudos
mabdrahi
Employee

Hi,

can you try to uninstall the driver and remove all the driver component, and try to install new quartus programmer installer

0 Kudos
mabdrahi
Employee

Any update from the you?

0 Kudos
mabdrahi
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos