Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20708 Discussions

Read out Arria10 model number

ddroe
Beginner

Dear community,

Do you know a way of retrieving the complete device/model number (sth. like 10AS016E4F29E3SG) of an Arria10 at runtime? Maybe through some register/IP core? The ChipID IP core only provides a unique ID, i.e. serial number, as far as I can tell.

If that's not possible, is it possible to at least determine the speed grade?

Cheers,
David

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community. Apologize for the delay in response.

After checking this internally, tehre is no way to determine the device number. Can you refer to the device top marking?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ddroe
Beginner

Hi,

thank you for your response. With "device top marking" you refer to 10AS016, for example? No, that would not be sufficient in our use case.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

On Intel FPGA device, the topside marking should show the full device number, not half of it. You can refer to our KDB for the format.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000083214.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ddroe
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

according to your docs, the top side marking shows the part number, and in the following table the part number is defined as follows:

grafik-20220727-151837.png

The above table defines what can be retrieved through JTAG. If you know any way to get the more detailed device model number, I'd be happy to learn about it.

Regards,
David

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry if my message is not clear. By device part number is the OPN just like your eg; 10AS016E4F29E3SG. What I mean from my suggestion is, why don't you look at the physical device itself? The FPGA device itself was mark with the device number.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ddroe
Beginner

why don't you look at the physical device itself?

Because I need to determine the model number at runtime, in software.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry we do not have other method to identify during runtime.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos