Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20766 Discussions

What is the correct version of Quartus to use the Cyclone 10 GX delevopment kit?

Finees
Beginner

Hi all

I have a Cyclone 10 GX development kit and I am testing the Board Test System software.
I have Quartus Prime PRO Edition 17.1.240 software. Even the Board Test System software indicates that I should be using version 17.1.0.240.
However, when I try to configure this board with any of the examples the GUI tells me that I need to upgrade to version 16.1.200.
So, does this board only work with Quartus 16.1.200?
Can I use a more updated version of Quartus?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

You JTAG chain seems wrong, you just need auto detect, The 10M。。。is max 10, and you just can add sof in its flash~ You don't need to add device by yourself~

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

I am not sure which link you use~

According to this link, it can used by Quartus 22.4~ And i test it, it worked.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/649830/intel-cyclone-10-gx-kit-collateral.html

Best regards,

WZ

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

Any other question~

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hi WZ2

Thank you for information, however the problem is the same.

From everything that I am seeing, it looks like the board is configured for a development package that is based on Quartus-Ver16.1.1.200 but, the only available development package is based on 17.1.0.240.

Now if I try reprogram the System MAX10, with dev -archive .pof, I would have the version 17 system from development package on the board and it would be compatible. So, when I try to program this MAX10with my USB-Blaster (JTAG port) I get error code 35.

Do you have any recommendation?

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

The web is already update to 22.3, so I cannot find the original copy. So could u please pass the error log or the pic of the error for me~

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

Any update~

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hi

This is the message that I get error 35

xxx.png

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

You JTAG chain seems wrong, you just need auto detect, The 10M。。。is max 10, and you just can add sof in its flash~ You don't need to add device by yourself~

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Thank you, the problem has been solved

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

Do we solve it~

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

I wanted to check if you have any further questions or concerns. If not, I will go ahead and mark this issue as resolved.

Additionally, we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to fill out our survey. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us improve our support quality.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Best regards,

WZ

0 Kudos