Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20789 Discussions

Windows 10/11 PCIe Driver for Cyclone V Memory Mapped design

ToddW
Novice

Is anyone aware of any other driver platforms other than Jungo that support a PCIe interface into Intel’s FPGAs?  We are implementing two peripherals in a PXI Express (Compact PCIe) rackmount solution.  The peripherals both are using a Cyclone V GX FPGA and are identical from a PCIe backplane standpoint.

Hopefully, considering the importance of the PCIe platform, Intel has come up with a standardized driver to support the PCIe interface into their FPGAs.  I see this as an issue that should be a priority to Intel.

We are running into ongoing issues with Jungo in terms of responsiveness as well as the capabilities of their drivers.  Most recently, we have encountered issues with getting two peripherals that both are PCIe based (Gen2 x4) working in the same chassis. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to let you know that Intel has received your support request and I am assigned to work on it.

Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Wincent_intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Here are a few options you may want to consider:

1. Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL: As mentioned earlier, this software development kit includes drivers for PCIe communication between the host processor and the FPGA. It supports various Intel FPGA families, including Cyclone V GX, and can be used with Linux and Windows operating systems.
  2. Intel FPGA Interface Manager (FIM) for PCIe: This software component provides a standardized interface for PCIe communication between a host processor and an Intel FPGA. It can be used with various operating systems and programming languages.
  3. Intel FPGA PCIe Root Port Driver: This driver enables communication between an Intel FPGA and the PCIe root port on a host processor. It supports various Intel FPGA families and can be used with Linux and Windows operating systems.
  4. Intel FPGA IP for PCI Express: This intellectual property (IP) core provides a complete PCIe solution for Intel FPGAs. It includes a configurable PCIe endpoint core and a PCIe root port core. The IP core comes with drivers for various operating systems.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I wish to follow up with you about this case.

Do you have any further questions on this matter ?

​​​​​​​Else I would like to have your permission to close this forum ticket

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10,

please allow me to correct it before closing or let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos