Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

creating LEON 3 Processor on Altera De2 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello. i have altera de2 board cyclon ii fpga. can anybody guide me how i can use and create the leon 3 processor using the altera de2 board. reply must

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, read the documentation and implement the CPU. Easy as that.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for reply. Actually i visited the Aeroflex Gaisler website and they have open source leon 3 template for Cyclon ii but i cannot understand how i can use it. they give the netlist file. Please guide me how i can use that template and stay away from headache to write my own code.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i had done configuring leon3 processor with the help of CENTOS 5.5 linux just open the library 'grlib-gpl-1.1.0-b4113' and then 'designs' and then 'leon3-altera-de2-ep2c35' right click and then click on 'open in terminal' and then giving a command on terminal 'make xconfig' and set ur specification their and ur leon3 will be configured.  

--- Quote Start ---  

Thanks for reply. Actually i visited the Aeroflex Gaisler website and they have open source leon 3 template for Cyclon ii but i cannot understand how i can use it. they give the netlist file. Please guide me how i can use that template and stay away from headache to write my own code. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos