Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20796 Discussions

global clock io setting

lipingx
Beginner

device: EP4CE15U14A7N

take below pin M2 for example:

- from differential IO guide, it can be assigned as user IO.

- from global clock pin, it can be assigned as global clock input and user input.

question: can it be assigned general purpose output?

lipingx_0-1693084112057.pnglipingx_1-1693084129942.pnglipingx_2-1693084151155.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hi,
Cyclone IV pins connection guidelines clearly answer the question. These are dedicated input pins, if not used as clock input, they can be used as general purpose input or should be grounded. No output function available.

I don't understand why you quote a description of DIFFIO together with CLK pins. These are different pin categories. M2 of U14 device (256 pin) is a CLK rather than DIFFIO pin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hi,
Cyclone IV pins connection guidelines clearly answer the question. These are dedicated input pins, if not used as clock input, they can be used as general purpose input or should be grounded. No output function available.

I don't understand why you quote a description of DIFFIO together with CLK pins. These are different pin categories. M2 of U14 device (256 pin) is a CLK rather than DIFFIO pin.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Let me know if there is any update from previous reply

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos