Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

ieee float and fixed point packages

GD76
Novice

Included the ieee.fixed and float as shown below in top.vhdl. The files are in Quartus/ieee/2008 folder.

library ieee;
use ieee.fixed_pkg_vhdl2008.all;
use ieee.float_pkg_vhdl2008.all;

In compilation, the following error and not sure what these means.

Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at PDA_361000893_TOP_FPGA.vhd(31): design library "ieee" does not contain primary unit "fixed_pkg_vhdl2008". Verify that the primary unit exists in the library and has been successfully compiled.
Error (10800): VHDL error at PDA_361000893_TOP_FPGA.vhd(31): selected name in use clause is not an expanded name
Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at PDA_361000893_TOP_FPGA.vhd(32): design library "ieee" does not contain primary unit "float_pkg_vhdl2008". Verify that the primary unit exists in the library and has been successfully compiled.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Did you add those libraries to your project? Go to Assignments>Settings>Libraries to add them.

Also, which Quartus version are you using? VHDL 2008 are only supported on certain Quartus versions: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pdf

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
GD76
Novice

I tried that and got an error. So removed that and added straight in VHDL file  the following and worked.

library ieee_proposed;
use ieee_proposed.fixed_float_types.all;
use ieee_proposed.fixed_pkg.all;

The error is about the library not compiled. But don't know how to compile the ieee library. Thanks anyway.

Nurina
Employee

Thank you for sharing your solution. I’m glad that your problem is solved, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos