Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

stratix10 power configuration

allen18
New Contributor I

Hello :

I am using the Stratix10-1SX110HN2F43I2VG, and the datasheet indicates that it is a smartVID device. So, I plan to use an LTM4677 to power it. The LTM4677 has two output channels. I intend to set channel 0 to an initial output of 1.8V for VCCPT, and channel 1 to an initial output of 0.9V for VCC, VCCERAM, and VCCP.

According to the Power Management User Guide, “The Secure Device Manager (SDM) Power Manager reads these values and can communicate them to an external power regulator through the PMBus interface”, If the SDM manages voltage by communicating with the LTM4677 via the PMBus interface, how does it know which channel to control ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

SDM communicate with power regulators via I2C signals connected between FPGA and regulators. The power requirement is feedback to regulators so it can regulate the correct voltage required by the FPGA on each power rails. This is done automatically and you need to use only supported power regulators in order to make sure the communication between regulator and FPGA has no errors.

please refer to this link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/757318/current/steps-to-decode-the-pmbus-transaction-log.html

for more details.

regards,

Farabi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

SDM communicate with power regulators via I2C signals connected between FPGA and regulators. The power requirement is feedback to regulators so it can regulate the correct voltage required by the FPGA on each power rails. This is done automatically and you need to use only supported power regulators in order to make sure the communication between regulator and FPGA has no errors.

please refer to this link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/757318/current/steps-to-decode-the-pmbus-transaction-log.html

for more details.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
allen18
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, for now I will set this case to Close-Pending. 

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos