Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

6 Series/c200 series chipset usb enhanced controller

Ksean
Beginner

Hello I'm not sure if this id the correct place to post this but here goes....

I'm trying to reset my sons old laptop and 3 of the 4 USB ports do not work.  There is a problem with the Universal Serial Bus drivers but windows 10 will not let me install the update and I am unable to locate the driver on the Intel website.

I am not sure where to go from here.

I appreciate any help that is offered

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

Stop pretending the PC doctor,  and load the original OS due DVD restore disk. 

If you did not make any,  then you will waste more money and time.

W10 this is a terrible OS always was.

0 Kudos
Ksean
Beginner

Ok I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Pretending"?

This is a 17" i7 gaming laptop and since it is in such good shape my goal here is to try and get it back to factory settings.  If I can get this done then I will donate it to a young family I know with 4 children under 10 years of age.

Currently everything is back to factory EXCEPT these 3 USB ports that don't communicate because I cannot obtain the correct drivers.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If one port works and the other don't, this sounds more like a hardware failure. Still, we can look further. To do so, we need more information. 

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
romanh
Beginner

I am trying to find update drivers myself but it seems when this chip was being actively sold Intel was only sending drivers directly to OEMs . What brand is it? can send you links to the legacy drivers from Samsung for mine if you know how to extract what you need from them. If not I can probably guide you or send them directly. 

Once you get the BS worked out its not a bad chipset. It works FAR better on Linux that it does on Windows in my opinion . 

0 Kudos