Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Adding additional raid disk 5

Sal1368
Beginner
Good morning. I have a system with an Asus WS Z390 Pro MB and a Raid 5 with 4 Samsung SSDs. I wanted to add another Samsung SSD to the Raid, but the Intel application Product Version 18.1.1037.0 does not allow me to insert SSD inside the Raid 5 volume.
Attached are the program screens and SSU logs
How can I proceed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
The most likely cause of this is an unsupported hardware configuration. Note the following (from board specs):
1. M2X4_1 socket shares lane with the SATA6G_56 connector:
. When using the M2X4_1 socket is PCIe or SATA device, the SATA_56 connector will be disabled.
. When using the SATA_56 connector, no device must be connected to the M2X4_1 connector.
2. M2X4_2 socket shares lane with the U.2_2 and SATA6G_12 connector:
. When using the M2X4_2 socket is PCIe or SATA device, the U.2_2 connector will be disabled.
. When using the M2X4_2 socket is SATA device, the SATA6G_12 connector will be disabled.
. When using the U.2_2 connector, no device must be connected to the M2X4_2 socket.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Sal1368
Beginner
Thanks for your help.
There is nothing connected to the M2 connectors. Could it be due to the smaller capacity of the SSD compared to the Raid SSDs?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

AFAIK, the size shouldn't matter. If the SATA connectors are from the chipset, the drive plugged in should be useable with RST.

...S

0 Kudos