Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

After installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology the HDD isn't visible anymore

ter3
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing some difficulty accessing the  internal HDD on my Windows 10 laptop, and I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the issue. Here are the details:

I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology and clicked thru the recommeded option of doing a backup of the SSD (It was called Volume I think) but after restarting the PC I can't see the internal HDD anywhere and I also can't access any of my files that are on the HDD. 

The SSD is working normally, but the HDD doesn't even appear on the device-manager.

How can I access the HDD and the data on it again?

System information: 

Laptop: ASUS X756UQK

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)

What I tried so far:

I restarted laptop multiple times. Then I checked for windows and driver updates but they were all up to date.

It would be great to receive step-by-step advice since English isn't my first language and computers aren't my area of expertise and the last thing I want is to make the problem worse.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

ter3

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ter3, 

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• Can you share a screenshot of the issue?
  • Did you create a RAID volume? If yes, what is the RAID volume that you created, and what drive did you use?
  • Can you tell us why you installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ter3, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ter3, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ter3, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos