Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Can not find any Drivers

EmT1982
Beginner

Hi all,

I am attempting to book a laptop from a USB. I have used the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, i get to the Where do you want to install windows screen and it cannot locate drivers. All my research so far tells me I need to install drivers. I tried to do this with RST drivers from HP however they don't have an availiable driver. So I tried Intel. However the RST drivers are not compatible with the hardware. 

The laptop is a Intel Pentium Silver N5000 so it is quite old. However, my daughter loves it and it just suddenly crashed and stopped functioning. I have looked all over the internet trying to work out what driver I can install to get windows to boot from the USB but keep coming up empty. Any ideas would be welcome. 

I also did the tricks of removing and then plugging the usb back in. This did not work either. I downloaded the different windows 10 versions and that didn't work. 

Any advice would be very greatly recieved. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

No additional driver needed on Windows Installation USB created with Microsoft Media Creation Tool

Follow this tutorial to install Windows 10. Be careful to follow instruction for UEFI or Legacy boot.

Leon

0 Kudos