Hello. I'm a student. This is my first time to have build a pc. Can you help me please?
I got a notification that there is available driver update in my pc. And one of it is the Intel RST Raid Driver. Because of curiosity, I tried to install it. Before the installation, there was an option if I will stay in AHCI or change to RAID (which was recommended in the option). So, I choose to change to RAID. There was also recommended there for me to install Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management, so I also installed it. Now, I'm worried if my actions were right and appropriate.
Here is specification of my system:
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
MB: GIGABYTE B460M AORUS PRO
RAM: 32.0 GB
SSD: (NVME) 1TB WD BLK WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0
HDD: HD 3.5 1TB TOSHIBA 7200RPM 64MB P300
Your response and suggestion for my concern will always be appreciated. Thank you.
- AHCI RAID RST
I believe this process will work:
- Run MSCONFIG.
- In the Boot tab, check SAFE boot and click Apply.
- Reboot and use whatever key (usually F2) is necessary to enter BIOS Setup.
- Change the SATA Mode from RAID to AHCI.
- Save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup (this is usually done with the F10 key).
- Let Windows 10 boot in SAFE mode.
- Run MSCONFIG again.
- Uncheck SAFE boot.
- Reboot again.
Hope this helps,