Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2064 Discussions

Extracting drivers from the RST installer

ritmo2k
Beginner

Hello,

It seems none of the options for extracting the drivers are valid anymore.

I have downloaded the installer from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html and tried the following:

SetupRST.exe -extract <path>

SetupRST.exe -a -p <path>

But neither works. Does anyone know how to do it with the most recent version, or if an F6 floppy archive still exists?

Thanks!

10 Replies
Serag
Novice
These are the file i guess you’re trying to find hopefully you will download them before they get taking off good luck
Kaspo11
Beginner

Serag is a lifesaver....I couldn't get to the install/extract option of this file because it wouldn't even let me in because it said unsupported platform....I created an account just to say thank you, I was clueless.

0 Kudos
frosales
Beginner

Serag, 

I just had to make an account on intel plataform to thank you for the link

0 Kudos
Serag
Novice
You’re very welcome i had to because i can relate to how much time consuming and hard to find these files were glad to help anytime
0 Kudos
gch90
Beginner

Thanks Serag really helpfull

0 Kudos
JWright
Beginner

I also created an account just to say thanks.  Huge help, I have been struggling with this for a while.

0 Kudos
letmefixit
Beginner
0 Kudos
Ultimate
Beginner

how to extract intel or non inet rst to usb

0 Kudos
AydenLeitch
Beginner

Hi, 

I had the same issue, and ended up going down a rabbit hole with Procmon to find where the exe extracted the files. 

I then actually went back and checked the documentation, turns out that the extract function is listed in the README, however it does not show up when you run the /? flag. 

Extract driver files from SetupRST.exe:
    - Open terminal in the directory with SetupRST.exe by right-clicking the directory
      and selecting "Open in Terminal" or "Open PowerShell here"
    - Enter the following command:
      ./SetupRST.exe -extractdrivers SetupRST_extracted

Hopefully this helps someone new visiting the post, no discredit to the person who shared the extracted files previously - I'm always a little cautious downloading drivers for untrusted sources. 

Cheers,

Ayden

0 Kudos