Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Extracting drivers from the RST installer

ritmo2k
Beginner

Hello,

It seems none of the options for extracting the drivers are valid anymore.

I have downloaded the installer from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html and tried the following:

SetupRST.exe -extract <path>

SetupRST.exe -a -p <path>

But neither works. Does anyone know how to do it with the most recent version, or if an F6 floppy archive still exists?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Serag
Novice
These are the file i guess you’re trying to find hopefully you will download them before they get taking off good luck
Kaspo11
Beginner

Serag is a lifesaver....I couldn't get to the install/extract option of this file because it wouldn't even let me in because it said unsupported platform....I created an account just to say thank you, I was clueless.

0 Kudos
frosales
Beginner

Serag, 

I just had to make an account on intel plataform to thank you for the link

0 Kudos
Serag
Novice
You’re very welcome i had to because i can relate to how much time consuming and hard to find these files were glad to help anytime
0 Kudos
gch90
Beginner

Thanks Serag really helpfull

0 Kudos
JWright
Beginner

I also created an account just to say thanks.  Huge help, I have been struggling with this for a while.

0 Kudos
Ultimate
Beginner

how to extract intel or non inet rst to usb

0 Kudos
AydenLeitch
Beginner

Hi, 

I had the same issue, and ended up going down a rabbit hole with Procmon to find where the exe extracted the files. 

I then actually went back and checked the documentation, turns out that the extract function is listed in the README, however it does not show up when you run the /? flag. 

Extract driver files from SetupRST.exe:
    - Open terminal in the directory with SetupRST.exe by right-clicking the directory
      and selecting "Open in Terminal" or "Open PowerShell here"
    - Enter the following command:
      ./SetupRST.exe -extractdrivers SetupRST_extracted

Hopefully this helps someone new visiting the post, no discredit to the person who shared the extracted files previously - I'm always a little cautious downloading drivers for untrusted sources. 

Cheers,

Ayden

0 Kudos