How to set drives as RAID in BIOS?

Jack44
Beginner

I am trying to setup RAID in my BIOS using Intel RST

I have my BIOS SATA mode set to RAID mode:

20231123_015811.jpg

Intel rapid storage technology appears in my BIOS and I can access it:

20231123_024233.jpg

However I don't get the typical "Create RAID volume" option and I'm not sure why. The drives are set as AHCI controller instead of RAID. Not sure if that matters:

20231123_024250.jpg

I have the newest RST installed in Windows. But once again I don't have the option to Create RAID Volume:

- I've updated my BIOS to the latest version
- I've tried formatting the drives, as well as leaving them unformatted and unpartitioned 

Screenshot_42.png

Any help in setting up RAID via the BIOS would be very much appreciated. 
Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jack44,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you, it will be my pleasure to assist you on this matter.

From your first picture, I can see that you have the "Raid mode" set, however, your system reads it as "AHCI" based on your third picture. I recommend you check with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm if a specific configuration is needed to change the controller type from "AHCI" to "RAID" or similar.

Let me know if the issue persists after that.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jack44, 

This follow-up is to check if you were able your controller type from "AHCI" to "RAID" and if this helped you with the problem. Let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jack44
Beginner

I believe the answer here is that my motherboard can't actually support Intel RST.

Even though it shows up in the bios, it doesn't seem to have any use and isn't applicable to my motherboard. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jack44, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I understand your situation, however, you can always check with your motherboard manufacturer to confirm compatibility and support.

For now, I will proceed to close this thread, but you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos