Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application fails to start with error Code: 0xA00906B3

Vulcan
Novice

I installed the Windows10 series and service system on the Maxsun W680(D4) workstation motherboard using Intel's i5-12500 CPU. I had turned on VMD on the motherboard to support Intel Raipd Storage. I also updated the lastest storage controller's driver to 19.5.2.1049.5. When I installed the software Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management from the app store, I encountered an error when opening it. 

I had also tried it successfully on other motherboards, such as Z690, but the driver version we used was before version 16.

After checking the W680 mother board chipset and CPU's documentations, it was written that Intel RST is supported, and I did successfully set up Intel RAID through the BIOS and it was recognized in the system.

The problem is that I cannot use software Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management to manage it. The specific error screenshots are as follows.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vulcan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I realize how complicated it is, I will do my best to help you with this issue.

In some cases rebooting the system has resolved the issue, it is recommended to try this first. If this does not resolve the issue, see the steps below.

Restart the Service RstMwRpc:

• Search for the Services Windows* app (Open Windows Menu and type services).
  • Select the Services app.
  • Press Yes if the User Account Control popup appears.
  • Restart the service by following the steps below:
  • Locate the RstMwRpc service.
  • Right-click and select Restart from the menu.
  • If the error persists, Disable acceleration and uninstall the application.
  • After restart, reinstall the application and enable acceleration.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vulcan, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vulcan, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos