Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning. Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll'. The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007l Windows Explorer)

DXD00
Beginner

So i have this problem. I have ASUS TUF FX505GD ( I don't know if it has optane) but every time i launch chrome or explorer it shows this "Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning. Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll'. The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007l Windows Explorer or chrome)" and there is no optane program in my computer. Can someone help help resolve the issue. No bios help needed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should verify that you don't have Optane Memory installed/enabled. Download and run Intel System Support Utility: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- . In the Storage section you may see if Optane Memory is installed. You may see also on the Task Bar (Show hidden icons), if ther is Optane Memory enabled.
  2. If there is no Optane Memory installed/enabled on your laptop, uninstall the Optane Memory Software or disable the Optane Memory extension in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver. In my opinion if you are not using RAID configuration, The Intel RST Driver may be also uninstalled. However, better to consult ASUS.

Leon

0 Kudos