Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Intel RST Drivers for raid

Sleepy-58323
Beginner

Where can I find the zip file, 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15667/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html

I want to extract the inf file from here. 

Does anyone know where I can locate this file zip? 

8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sleepy-58323,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your questions, we do not share the inf file for the Intel® RST drivers. We recommend you if you want to install the driver, download our executable file share in the link you have shared, or you may also install the one from the manufacturer. Note that we always recommend using the Intel® RST OEM driver.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Seb2k
Beginner

Please step back a moment so you can take stock of just how utterly incompetent whomever made this decision is....

I have an ~11th gen or so Intel Pentium laptop that needs to be reinstalled from scratch but needs the VMD driver to do so.

My desktop is on an alternative platform and thus the supplied SetupRST.exe refuses to run.

So now what am I supposed to do?  From where I'm stood, the only answer seems to be to download the preinstallation driver in a zip (That you used to host with no issues right here up until somewhat recently) from some sketchy random website or forum and pray that it's not compromised with malicious code.

Does your team really not see how big of a potential issue this is?

I'm genuinely speechless at how stupid a decision this is and it's only going to get worse as more and more machines start needing this driver when getting reinstalled.

Absolute insanity.

0 Kudos
Nerdtality
Novice

100% agree, there was no reason to remove this except to cut costs.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sleepy-58323,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Nerdtality
Novice

This is a REQUIREMENT for Windows Installers that boot from USB! Why did you remove this? There was nothing wrong with the way you had it.

Nerdtality
Novice

If this isnt fixed, I am hosting my own F6 zip hosting web page and it will explain what intel has done to it's community by removing the zip files.

Nerdtality
Novice

Temporary Fix

Download SetupRST.exe

Create RST folder under C:\

run SetupRST.exe from Powershell using:
.\SetupRST.exe -extractdrivers C:\RST

Sleepy-58323
Beginner

Thank you for this. 

This line of code worked for me in powershell in admin. 
C:\SetupRST.exe -A -P C:\RST