Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2056 Discussions

Intel RST Unable to Detect the primary Drive When Installing a Windows Server 2022

Etr-EDM
Beginner

Unable to Detect the primary Drive When Installing a Windows Server 2022 or any Windows at P360 Workstation (ThinkStation) has Intel Core i5 12500 3.0GHz / 6C / 12T & Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.

I'm looking for the correct drive to upload on another flash drive to install it before any OS installation. I contacted Intel on chat, and they suggest to post it here!

Any help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Etr-EDM

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues installing Windows on your system.

There should not be a need to install the ntel® RST driver in order for the system to recognize the drives, however, you can get the driver from your system manufacturer's website. I would also recommend following the installation guidelines from Lenovo for this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Etr-EDM
Beginner

Hello, Hugo O.

As I mentioned above, when I install any Windows OS, I have to select the driver on which I will install the OS; at this step, I can't see the primary drive or any drive attached to the system board.

I went to the manufacturer's website, which is Lenovo, and the driver available is (Intel RST)

And this driver has no (.sys) file "when I extract it and upload it to another flash drive."

That's why I'm contacting the manufacturer of the chip Intel RST, to get the correct driver.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Etr-EDM

You can find the generic version of the driver in the following link:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver

You can use the Readme file attached with the installation instruction, section 6.3. Also, you can follow the instructions in the following article:

Unable to Find the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Driver in Zip Format

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Etr-EDM

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Etr-EDM

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos