Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Mainboard without power / BIOS reset / Raid 10 fails

Mortal
Beginner

Hi guys.

I run a RAID 10 with 4 Member HDD configured in the BIOS of my board.

I had a power breakdown, but my pc was not running at that time. My board's battery though seems to be empty. So my BIOS was set to factory default when I booted.

Now Intel RST shows just2 HDDs as members of the array. I cannot mark the other 2 HDDs as member disks in the board's BIOS.

Booting windows I can mark the HDDs as replacement with Intel Storage Management. But it says that data on the HDD will be erased.

I am confused. Nothing happened to the disk's setup since my computer was not running during power loss. It is just my BIOS running on factory default for a short period of time. Is there anything I can do to get the RAID running like before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mortal
Beginner

Alright, so I did some research and found controversial threads, in which it is stated this a bug. Intel employees argue with customers, whether this is Intel's or the board's manufacturer's fault.

Bottom line: this is a common issue after CMOS reset and Raid 10, because of a bug in the BIOS software several board manufacturer use. So instead of being customer friendly, intel just declares themselves as not responsible.

So I got myself ReclaiMe RaidRecovery, bought the standard version of ReclaiMe (80 EUR) for restoring data. I got my data restored. In my opinion this is an easy to fix issue, which could be implemented into RST since my HDDs were not changed at all. No HDD was corrupt, nor was data corrupt. The issue was a CMOS reset.

Thank you for nothing Intel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mortal
Beginner

Alright, so I did some research and found controversial threads, in which it is stated this a bug. Intel employees argue with customers, whether this is Intel's or the board's manufacturer's fault.

Bottom line: this is a common issue after CMOS reset and Raid 10, because of a bug in the BIOS software several board manufacturer use. So instead of being customer friendly, intel just declares themselves as not responsible.

So I got myself ReclaiMe RaidRecovery, bought the standard version of ReclaiMe (80 EUR) for restoring data. I got my data restored. In my opinion this is an easy to fix issue, which could be implemented into RST since my HDDs were not changed at all. No HDD was corrupt, nor was data corrupt. The issue was a CMOS reset.

Thank you for nothing Intel.

0 Kudos