Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Need help with DX79T0 and sata option rom 3.5.0.1005

DShab
Beginner

Good day. I have a motherboard DX79T0 and intel rapid storage technology enterprice - sata option rom 3.5.0.1005. There are new drives for 1TB and a 64MB cache.

When I do a raid - all right. Loading OS and can be placed on the raid anything.

After restarting the raid damaged. Error Occured ( 0) two drives of 4. One disc is recovered , the second is not. If you run Rebild - then still damaged after a reboot or during operation. On the other drives the same. How can I solve the problem and that the raid was working properly ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Lucerat,

Please send me more information about the build, like brand and model of the hard drives and the BIOS version that you have installed. But, it seems to me that if you are able to build the Raid but it fails upon reboot, we can consider maybe a bad hard drive.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi

Bios SIX7910J.86A.0650.2014.0307.0138

HDD

WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 х4 for Raid

Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 for OS and another

Instead, set 5 10. At the moment, three successful reboot , the disks are not damaged. So I switched slots Sata order. 2 connectors are separated using OS and just the hard drive. 4 adjacent - for Raid 10

In raid 5 100% damaged hdd after reboot.

Currently Raid 10 operates 3 days. But still scary that fails and will damage

For help i used documentation on motherboard

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/desktops/desktop-board-dx79to-360view-demo-video.html https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/desktops/desktop-board-dx79to-360view-demo-video.html

4 plugs black and 2 blue

Previously, two drives were in Blue and 2 in Black. Maybe here and problems ?

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Switching the Sata ports would not be a problem, I would consider this to be some power issue, have you tested with another power supply? What are the specs of you current power supply? Also, please let me know what is the board revision or AA number.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi, hansb_intel

I just first of all changed the power supply. Then motherboard put one block to another drive for testing. Power is not sags , only with connectors that regime change and helped raid . At the moment, without falling costs raid 10. May be raid 5 not supported or sata ports really need use only 4 black?

Motherboard name: DX79T0

Version: AAG28805-402

Serial: BTTO23400V1L

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Lucerat,

The Black and blue sata connectors use the same controller, the only difference would be in the transfer rate between the two colors (6.0 Gb/s Blue 3.0 Gb/s Black). This should not affect the raid array, at least not as far as the controller is concerned but you can always try and see if you Raid works better using only the 4 black ones.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi hansb_intel

Problem is over.

Seven days raid 10 work in black sata ports

Really blue and black ports not work together

I try tested, 10 raid is fail with black-blue ports.

10 raid not fail with use only black ports.

In future i want buy raid controller RS2BL080

Comments about intel rapid storage not trusted in core raid controller.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Lucerat,

Please send me more information about the build, like brand and model of the hard drives and the BIOS version that you have installed. But, it seems to me that if you are able to build the Raid but it fails upon reboot, we can consider maybe a bad hard drive.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi

Bios SIX7910J.86A.0650.2014.0307.0138

HDD

WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 х4 for Raid

Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 for OS and another

Instead, set 5 10. At the moment, three successful reboot , the disks are not damaged. So I switched slots Sata order. 2 connectors are separated using OS and just the hard drive. 4 adjacent - for Raid 10

In raid 5 100% damaged hdd after reboot.

Currently Raid 10 operates 3 days. But still scary that fails and will damage

For help i used documentation on motherboard

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/desktops/desktop-board-dx79to-360view-demo-video.html https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/desktops/desktop-board-dx79to-360view-demo-video.html

4 plugs black and 2 blue

Previously, two drives were in Blue and 2 in Black. Maybe here and problems ?

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Switching the Sata ports would not be a problem, I would consider this to be some power issue, have you tested with another power supply? What are the specs of you current power supply? Also, please let me know what is the board revision or AA number.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi, hansb_intel

I just first of all changed the power supply. Then motherboard put one block to another drive for testing. Power is not sags , only with connectors that regime change and helped raid . At the moment, without falling costs raid 10. May be raid 5 not supported or sata ports really need use only 4 black?

Motherboard name: DX79T0

Version: AAG28805-402

Serial: BTTO23400V1L

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Lucerat,

The Black and blue sata connectors use the same controller, the only difference would be in the transfer rate between the two colors (6.0 Gb/s Blue 3.0 Gb/s Black). This should not affect the raid array, at least not as far as the controller is concerned but you can always try and see if you Raid works better using only the 4 black ones.

0 Kudos
DShab
Beginner

Hi hansb_intel

Problem is over.

Seven days raid 10 work in black sata ports

Really blue and black ports not work together

I try tested, 10 raid is fail with black-blue ports.

10 raid not fail with use only black ports.

In future i want buy raid controller RS2BL080

Comments about intel rapid storage not trusted in core raid controller.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos