Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

VMD Controller A77F - VMD Managed Controller 09AB

Verge
Beginner

Hi! 

New install, Windows 10 I'm offered between these 2 choices... which should I install?

Specs:

Chassis & Display
Elimina Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 14 Core Processor 13700H (5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair 3200MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 - 4.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR CORE XT MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 5000 MB/R, 3500 MB/W)

Thank you!
Verge

P.S. What driver should I install so the SSD gets recognized? On the intel page I found only Optane containing ones.

P.S.2 I was looking at the specs of the 13700H and it says 5 Ghz, but in windows it shows 2.4 GHz... do you know something about this?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Verge, 

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• Please provide a photo in which you can see these options. (VMD Controller A77F, VMD Managed Controller 09AB).
  • Furthermore, where do you check your max turbo frequency? or the 5 GHz? If you can provide a photo, that will be much better.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Verge, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Verge
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your reply, I went ahead and installed one of them... A77F I think...the drives appeared and then I installed windows and the programs I use and everything seems OK. 

Lately the fans began spinning more than before (the noise is very noticeable and it wasn't after I installed all the apps), and especially after a boot . I am running only the browser and the fans are already very active. Do you think this is a problem?

Thank you, 

Verge.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Verge, 

Thank you so much for the response.

Everything appears to have gone smoothly because you were able to successfully set up the Windows installation, and the SSD has already been identified.

May I know which fun is having noise? Was it the CPU fan or the graphics card fan?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Verge
Beginner

Hi!

It's the processor. And when it settles it stays at 32% with no apps running and then it's the same when I start the browser and some other small apps. The GPU jumps to 32% as well with no media player  app running.

This is a new machine so I'm just checking that everything is ok with it.

Thank you, 

great day to you, 

Verge.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Verge, 

Thank you so much for the response.

The normal temperature for processors is 40–65 °C, and at the highest loads, your average CPU temperature can go up to 80–85 °C. 

In regards to this, we can say that your processor temperature is normal, and we also confirm that your GPU usage is normal.

For more information regarding processor temperature, please check out the following links below:

Furthermore, If your fan is still noisy, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check if any software is running in the background that you are unaware of. 
    • Using Task Manager, check programs running under Processes tab and check CPU usage percentage. 
    • Click the program and click End task.
  2. Check for CPU fan control configuration menu in BIOS, and check to make sure settings are correct for the desired acoustic behavior.

You may check out this link for your reference:  How to Fix a Noisy Fan in Built-in System with Intel® Processors

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Verge, 

We are checking in with you to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Verge
Beginner

Hi! 

Thank you very much for the suggestions, ... I looked around but I can't figure out the culprit. I might do a clean install of the OS and hope for the best.

Thank you for your assistance,

Have a great day!

Verge

0 Kudos